Monday, 06.May.2024, 7:43 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS

imagebam.com

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » ...::DVDRip & BDRip::... » Blues » Little Jimmy King - Memphis TN (1999)
Little Jimmy King - Memphis TN (1999)
vianderDate: Monday, 31.Jan.2022, 10:36 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators

INFO:

Source: WEBRip
Video compression mode: [MKV,1080p][H.264,AC3]
Size MB: 769
Total Run Time mn. 20:21

Left-handed guitarist Little Jimmy King was one of the most exciting bluesmen to emerge on the blues scene in the '90s. King was born on December 4, 1968 in Memphis, as Manuel Gales but renamed himself after his two guitar heroes: Jimi Hendrix and Albert King. He started out as a rock & roller, but in the mid-'80s he changed his style to blues, specifically Memphis-style blues. In 1988, he left the Memphis music scene to tour with his hero Albert King as part of his band. The late King Albert called Little Jimmy his grandson and the late Stevie Ray Vaughan also had praise for the young guitarist. In a moment King will never forget what Vaughan said to him: "Play always, brother. Never stop playing for anyone." King's debut "Little Jimmy King" was released in 1991 on the Rounder Bullseye Blues label and followed in 1994 with "Something Inside Of Me", on which he is joined by former Double Trouble bassist Tommy Shannon and drummer Chris "Whipper" Layton.

King can also be heard on his guitar on Ann Peebles's "Ann Peebles's Full Time Love" and Otis Clay's "I'll Treat You Right and On My Way Home." 1995 King record with his two brothers Eric Gales and Eugene Gales playing guitar: "Left Hand Brand" was released on the House of Blues label in 1995. While the brothers have often played concerts together, "Left Hand Brand" is the only album they have made. In 1997 King released his third Blues Bullseye album.
Little Jimmy King died suddenly on July 19, 2002 after suffering a heart attack at the age of 34.

Forum » ...::DVDRip & BDRip::... » Blues » Little Jimmy King - Memphis TN (1999)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: