Sunday, 05.May.2024, 10:59 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

imagebam.com

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » ...::DVDRip & BDRip::... » Blues » Music Maker Blues Revue at F. Blues i Rit. de Badalona 2011
Music Maker Blues Revue at F. Blues i Rit. de Badalona 2011
vianderDate: Wednesday, 23.Aug.2017, 7:18 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators

INFO:

Source: WEBRip
Video compression mode: Mp4
Size MB: 593
Total Run Time mn. 39:09

Program dedicated to the association Music Maker Relief Foundation and its concert on April 4, 2011 at the Festival Blues i Ritmes de Badalona.

The blues is perhaps the worst genre to be dealt with by the music industry. Those blacks of the first half of the twentieth century signed the worst contracts in history. Some never paid a penny for their performances; They were paid with beer and a plate of food. Tim Duffy knows it well. He is white and licensed in folklore, but picking up recordings of old musicians discovered dozens of bluesman whom no one had heard of and who lived beyond the threshold of poverty. Thus was born in 1994 Music Maker Relief Foundation, an organization whose objective was not to popularize the songs of its proteges but, simply, to obtain money to pay his gas bill and to buy some shoes to him. To that they destined their first incomes.

Duffy began by rescuing musicians from North Carolina, his state, but over time have been bluesmen themselves, evicted across the country, who have contacted him. Today, in the midst of an economic recession, Duffy does not care. Already attend to more than a hundred. The other day he was called by Ralph Johnson, one of the members of the celebrated soul band The Impressions. In the 70's he was a star. Today it is ruined. Need help.

Pass: SOUNDSTAGE

vianderDate: Wednesday, 28.Jul.2021, 8:26 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators

Forum » ...::DVDRip & BDRip::... » Blues » Music Maker Blues Revue at F. Blues i Rit. de Badalona 2011
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: