Friday, 19.Apr.2024, 8:17 PM
Welcome Guest | RSS

imagebam.com

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » ...::DVDRip & BDRip::... » Blues » Mick Kolassa & Friends - Double Standards (2018)
Mick Kolassa & Friends - Double Standards (2018)
vianderDate: Monday, 23.Apr.2018, 9:35 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators

INFO:

Source: WEBRip - AUDIO
Video compression mode: Flac
Size MB: 365
Total Run Time mn. 61:33

Mick Kolassa has assembled a collection of classic blues songs or his new album. Double Standards is a celebration of the greatest blues songs, performed as duets with some of his musical friends. Mick’s love of many blues styles is well known, and this album brings the listener a wide range of blues, from down home to classic Chicago to jazzy to blues rock, Mick and his friends bring you the many faces of the blues. As with the previous albums the proceeds from Double Standards will go to the Blues Foundation’s HART Fund and Generation Blues programs. Mississippi-based guitarist and vocalist Mick Kolassa gathers a bunch of his friends for duets in this set of blues standards. Blues is often rowdy and raucous, but here Kolassa and friends demonstrate how the idiom can be played with finesse and class, albeit rather casually. Kolassa has a deep voice perfectly suited for the blues and could carry this material quite easily by himself, yet the contrasts, the call and response, and the general rapport of the proceedings lifts his performances too. He says, “I learn more with every project and this one forced me to step up and stretch—I let my partners set the vocal style for the song and then worked to fit into their groove. What a blast!”.

Tracklist:

01. 600 Pounds Of Heavenly Joy (Feat. Sugaray Rayford)
02. I Just Want To Make Love To You (Feat. Heather Crosse)
03. It's Tight Like That (Feat. Victor Wainwright)
04. Fever (Feat. Annika Chambers)
05. Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out (Feat. Tas Cru)
06. Rock Me Baby (Feat. Tullie Brae)
07. Key To The Highway (Feat. Eric Hughes)
08. Spoonful (Feat. Erica Brown)
09. It Hurts Me Too (Feat. Patti Parks)
10. Early In The Morning (Feat. David Dunavent)
11. Don't You Lie To Me (Feat. Gracie Curran)
12. Outside Woman Blues (Feat. Jeff Jensen)
13. Ain't Nobody's Business (Feat. Annika Chambers, Victor Wainwright,
Gracie Curran, Sugaray Rayford, Erica Brown & Jeff Jensen)

Attention: Files are subject to expiration and can be automatically deleted if their not downloaded 30 days after the last download.

Forum » ...::DVDRip & BDRip::... » Blues » Mick Kolassa & Friends - Double Standards (2018)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: